All Things Transient Remain is a BFA Thesis Exhibition including fine art from students/artists
Katie Lewandowski, Mary Overman and Kiley Van Note.

This blog is the process of getting our show together while also trying to produce art work for our opening. We ask you to please join us on our journey for our final semester as painting majors here at
University of Wisconsin - Stout.

Reception: Thursday, April 8th, 5:00 - 7:00 pm


Friday, March 5, 2010

Kiley Van Note




Name: Kiley T. Van Note
Major: Studio, Concentration in Painting
Year: 5th Year Senior
Sign: Pisces

I have always been fascinated by people and their stories. So this semester, my current body of work is based on my father's side of the family. Growing up, I became accustomed to two different cultures: middle-class American customs and traditional Vietnamese customs. This left me with an interesting perspective on how the two cultures relate and how they differentiate. To show this, I have decided to focus on two characters in my family: my father as well as my grandmother (his mother). My hope is to show the viewer day to day events that take place in their lives now and how these customs of traditional Vietnamese values have adapted to Western civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment